Which is real?
Hi
everyone!
Today I
want to discuss whether identity changes or not between real life and on the
social media pages.
There
are usually profile pages or is a place where you introduce yourselves on
social media (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter…).
How do
people introduce themselves on those profiles? Do they exaggerate themselves?
Or, are they exactly the same person?
My friends’
posts in Twitter and Instagram are different. (I will not include Facebook to compare
because most of my friends in high school do not use Facebook.)
Also,
people who post frequently are different.
I post a
lot in Instagram but rarely “tweet” in Twitter because there are different demands.
In my
opinion, friends of mine who post in Instagram do not have different identity.
Some
friend of mine who frequently posts on Twitter, on the other hand, seems to be
a little different.
This
theory doesn’t fit into all of the people who tweet very often but fit into my
friend.
My friend
was very quiet people in person. He barely speaks and he don’t interact with other
people a lot.
In Twitter,
he tweets more than 10 times a day. He was on Twitter 24/7.
He got
in arguments a lot on social media.
He was
the one who get into those arguments.
Through
social media, he might want to be seen as a “strong” person, a strong person
who can express his own opinion to anyone.
Like the
example of my friend, some people tend to be a different person in real life
and social media.
Some
people think that characteristics in real life are the true character of the
person; others think that characteristics in social media are the true character
of the person.
I think
characteristics in both real life and social media can be considered as their
real character.
We
change when we are in a group or with many people, like in school, then when we
are alone at home.
I think I
might be the one who exaggerates myself in social media.
Most
people don't realize if their identity changes or not by themselves.
Thank
you for reading!


I think it depends on the intention of each and individual person. Some people prefer to reveal their true identities on the social media, rather than in real life. They can express freely without being judged, less confrontation face to face, and be honest to who they are and what they think. I can relate to your friend that he barely speaks and is very quiet. He is probably very shy in real life and it is hard for someone who is shy to express or confront with other people. I used to be in his shoes and I also have a relative who behave like that too. We cannot do anything about it, they are just born to be like that.
返信削除Some people use social media for entertaining and not really serious about it, so they usually hide their true identities or put a fake information. I have a lot of friends who never put the true identified on social media because they do not want people to know the true about them. Some people who are very nasty in real life, but on social media they are very considerate, very polite, and kind-sounded. For me, it is hard to identify someone through social media. I need to engage face to face to determine how the person is.