Adolescents and Cyberbullying




Hi everyone!
Today, I want to talk about adolescents and cyberbullying.

I think cyberbullying right now is very broad. 
According to the Pew Research Center, AMajority of Teens Have Experienced Some Form of Cyberbullying written by MonicaAnderson, 59% of adolescents in the United States complain that they have experienced online bullying or online harassment.
This number is not small. 
If the state decided to catch all of the people who bullied online will be so much work, so the immediate, strict punishment will not be the solution.

Although I do believe that making the law will reduce the number of crimes if educators educate their children.
I think educator have to lead students to think and be aware of this problem, cyberbullying, more often.
To do so, educators can use their classes to talk about the Internet and cyberbullying.
Moreover, educators should teach what will be the cyberbullying. 
For example, offensive name-calling, spreading of false rumors, receiving explicit images that they didn’t ask for, constant asking of where they are, what they are doing, who they are with, by someone other than a parent, and physical threats are reported as cyberbullying.
I think a lot of adolescents are doing these so-called cyberbullying without noticing and maybe just for fun, which is a big problem.

Adolescents and also their educators have to keep in mind that people might bully someone in the unconscious. 
We all have to be aware and think what is and what is not cyberbullying by using all the internets and social media we have.


Thank you for reading!

コメント

人気の投稿