Public by default?

Hi everyone!
Today I want to discuss our security and privacy online.

On social media, like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, anyone can take and post a picture.

There might be pictures you don't want to show to the public, or you appear in an image in an accident.
You can't stop those pictures go public because you are not the one posting on social media.

As Boyd said, in her book, "It's Complicated," everyone is public by default.

This may be a problem because some people can't take care of their security and privacy.
A most massive part of those who can't control their security and privacy are teenagers.

I am still a teenager, and I learned how we are always in public recently.

If my friend "tag" me on their post, people who are stranger to me will know how I look like and what my social media account is.
If the privacy setting did not protect the friend's account, anyone could also get the information.

As an example above, anyone can be on the public without expecting.

Thank you for reading!

コメント

人気の投稿